most wanted canons

Based on our stats and upcoming plots we are in need of characters in the IRON ISLANDS, the REACH and ESSOS.

Add Reply
New Poll

Light 'Em Up, Edmure's Master of War
EDMURE TULLY
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 07:53 PM
King of the Riverlands
King Fish
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
THE RIVERLANDS
41 years
Rikuva • 114 posts • She/Her

Lord Ryger
arrogant old buddy
Lord Tristan Ryger has been one of Edmure's friends for quite a while. They bonded as young lords, during the time period after Petyr left, but before the plague. Tristan was very reckless, and had a wild adventurous spirit, which Edmure was all too happy to play along with. Tristan was, and still is, also very physical, enjoying brutal sparring and strength contests, mostly because he's very very good at them. Edmure was always a voice of reason in their relationship, doing his best to curb Tristan's extraordinary "spirit", though Edmure will always call it stupidity.

I imagine that it was together that they murdered bandits, hunted, and even lost their virginities, one of Tristan's spontaneous ideas. Altogether, if you remember back to your teenage days, I'd bet you had that crazy friend always doing those awesome things, whether you joined them or not. In any case, that's who Tristan is to Edmure. Their personalities conflict often, since Edmure is rather strict (as he aged and became king that is), while Tristan always remained hot-tempered and stupid.

When Edmure was named king, one of the first things he did was appoint Tristan as Master of War. He knew he wanted his close friend by his side, and well, fighting is one of the few things Tristan is really good at. Fortunately, Tristan stepped up to the plate, keeping the standing army in good shape, and actually spending time learning about tactics (I can't reinforce how rare this was), mostly because, despite all his bravado, he didn't want to let his King and Edmure down.

Of course, his position on the Small Council hardly came in any use, until recently, when war was declared, and Edmure chose his side. Now, Tristan will have much to do, as the troops begin to move.

A few more stray details. In canon, House Ryger stayed loyal to Aerys II during Robert's Rebellion, so I've played with the idea that Tristan doesn't like siding against the Targaryens, but isn't about to rebel against his buddy's choice. I also think Tristan also holds more respect for Allyria than Edmure does, and encouraged him, alongside Blackfish, to pay her more attention. The play-by is Ray Stevenson, pictures from Rome. Ray Stevenson has also been in several other period pictures, but his hair and beard is rather different in all, so I'd recommend just sticking with Rome or whichever one. The play-by is negotiable, but who I have pictured is preferred. Overall, they're the type of old friends that would always claim that they hate the other, but when shit hits the fan, they'll always look out for each other.

EDIT AS THINGS CHANGE: So, shit went down in the Vale, and Allyria was killed. I imagine this might have made Tristan extremely angry, potentially wanting to turn against Jasper and their allies at that moment. Edmure ended up deciding against this because it's not really smart, and he is still marching to King's Landing alongside the others. Which again, might have made Tristan upset. Now the Targaryens have finally fallen and Edmure and the Riverlands crew are heading home. Which is great. No one is happy but they're heading home. BUT there is still drama because Alora's being p gotdam shady and trying to marry Victarion Greyjoy so that she can have his backing for the throne while Edmure is trying to remarry Walda Frey so he can have a son. There's so much like feeling here and I am so desperate for Tristan so that Edmure can have a foil and we can have more like Riverlands drama. I WANT HIM THANK YOU
PMEmail
^
EDMURE TULLY
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 08:25 PM
King of the Riverlands
King Fish
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
THE RIVERLANDS
41 years
Rikuva • 114 posts • She/Her

BUMP and added an edit to the ad about Victarion and Alora and Walda because FUCK GUYS SHIT IS GOING DOWN IN THE RIVERLANDS

THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE AND THIS IS THE MAN TO TAKE AS YOUR CHARACTER PLEASE
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

TAG BOX RULES
O Register/post with your OOC alias
O Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
O Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
O Any site-related post may be tagged here
O Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags here, and for the generator here!

AFFILIATES

Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D Candyland Couture
Swords of Speirling War Is Brewing Once Upon a Nightmare
Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community The Arrow fugue state Maelstrom Into The Abyss The Hobbit Roleplay THE POWER OF TWO
ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA ACTA
OHaV Code 8
skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine