A Call to Arms

most wanted canons

ATTENTION: ACTA is going Private and will henceforth be primarily character driven! This means we will no longer be doing outside recruitment/advertising (though we will not turn folks away if they stumble upon us). We also will have fewer admin-driven site events, and no activity requirements. Want more information? Check out the Announcement HERE!

Add Reply
New Poll

something's electric in your blood, emmelyne | lady | 24
EMMELYNE ARRYN
 direct link • Dec 22 2016, 05:12 pm
Queen of the Vale
the sister of sisterton
The Seven Kingdoms
THE VALE
24 years
athena • she/her • 129 posts

Here is the only daughter of Sisterton, Emmelyne Sunderland. She was raised in Sisterton in the Vale with her horde of brothers and she was raised to be a proper young lady who would be married off to benefit their house, though she was very much loved by her family. She is very, very close to her family and knows she will do anything for her family just as any of them would do anything for her as well. While she enjoys her needlepoint like any proper young woman, she also enjoys history and politics and reading. She is smart and can hold her own in conversation with her family and others about the state of affairs in Westeros. She can hold her tongue though when required and does her best to appear the very epitome of a lady when in public. While she does take pride in being very ladylike, she has always enjoyed the outdoors and getting some fresh air, both in terms of watching her brothers practice their fighting skills and riding horses and she absolutely loves a good tourney. But I am starting to ramble some, so nutshell is she is a lady who would do anything for her family.

Friends: Everyone needs friends and Em is no exception. She grew up at Sisterton and didn’t travel to extensively though I imagine she did get to meet plenty of people in the Vale. So characters from the Vale could have easily met her and made friends with her in the past or people who might have visited the Vale for any reason. As for future friends, she will be at the Eyrie and then making her way to King’s Landing with Jasper so anyone along that route has potential to be friends with her. She is at the very least friendly with most people she comes in contact with because she believes it is always good to have contacts around. She is closest to her brothers, especially Kayl, though she is feeling a little lonely at the moment as she is on her own with Jasper and also silently mourning the loss of her brother and father at the massacre and her other brother’s death at Bronzegate, so she needs some people to be friends with and take her mind off of those things.

Enemies: Em tries not to make enemies because what good can come of that, but hey they can’t be ignored in the game of politics. Although she tries not to let her disdain for anyone show, she definitely has people she doesn’t like. And considering she is about to be betrothed to Jasper Arryn, I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who are not going to be a fan of her. So girl needs people she dislikes and all that and soon she will not be a fan of anyone who is against Jasper Arryn. She also would sell literally anyone out if it meant helping her family. I love drama so I am definitely willing to work out plots here.

Lovers: This category isn’t super open really. She was a proper lady and damnit she actually kept her virginity for whoever her husband would be. She was in kid love once with a stable boy but that’s more or less the only romantic sort of thing she’s had. That and all the brothers she had always made it rough for guys to approach her. While she might flirt on occasion for her own fun, she wouldn’t ever mean it seriously, previously knowing her father would chose her husband, though that role now falls to her brother. And once she is officially promised to Jasper she will be absolutely faithful to him no matter how he acts. So you can throw ideas for here, but it'll be difficult.

If you have any plots in mind, throw ‘em at me because I love any and all plots and all sorts of drama.
emmelyne sunderland
lady | shrewd | tenacious
thanks!
JASPER ARRYN
 direct link • Dec 22 2016, 05:23 pm
King of the Vale
The Rising Falcon
House Arryn
THE VALE
26 years
Ashley • she/her • 231 posts

WIFEEYYYY

Seven help this man.

user posted image

PS sorry about your fam. We can move past that, right bae?

user posted image
EMMELYNE ARRYN
 direct link • Dec 22 2016, 05:59 pm
Queen of the Vale
the sister of sisterton
The Seven Kingdoms
THE VALE
24 years

Seven help everyone!

user posted image

But I mean hey, raise the status of her family, get the Sistermen to fight with him and all she hopes is that her brothers in KL don't get murdered. We obviously need to thread these two. Basically I figured that her brother had like sent a raven to her being like "yo I'm setting you up with the King, be good" and then like was communicating with him and advisers to like secure a marriage arrangement and whatnot. SO I mean these two have to meet and be like "lol i'm marrying the man who killed my family" and never reveal those sentiments. Anyway, I can word vomit for days but these two gotta get set-up and whatnot and I figure I can always word vomit plot stuff at you later too.

And just for shits and giggles
user posted image
Though he will only get this look when he really deserves it.
MYA STONE
 direct link • Dec 28 2016, 08:41 am
THE MULE GIRL
MOUNTAIN'S DAUGHTER
SWORN TO HOUSE ARRYN
THE VALE
30 years
STEPH • she/her • 99 posts

Hola. May or may not be sleeping with your husband-to-be. Soz. But not an ambitious little homewrecker if that's what you're worried about. Aside from that, could be friendly provided miss Queen-to-be can tolerate a bastard being in her presence. Plus there was a vague idea of Jasper making Mya one of Emmelyne's ladies in waiting (hahahahahaha) which could be interesting because aforementioned bastardry and adultery XD Your thoughts?

Also have some gifs because why not.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
KAYL SUNDERLAND
 direct link • Dec 28 2016, 12:08 pm
years
• • 0 posts

Oh hiiiii favorite sibling.

Don't tell Niclas or any of the others that... >.>

Basically we've talked too much about them, and about her and Waymar, but I wanted to show your shipper love, and to kind of lay it out there for everyone else the relationship here between the two of them. Kayl worships Em, not in the creepy Lannister way or anything like that, but she is his best friend, especially since Kerith's death. Her and Niclas are the only ones that can summon him at their whims, and he returned from Essos because of her writing to him. He won't be too happy when he finds out about what Niclas did, but of course, he'll be loyal to the family and support her. Heaven help Jasper though. :| Jkjk. I'm sure he'll dig his new brother in law, eventually.

As for Waymar, BFF's. Waymar isn't going to let her know about the true nature of his relationship with Jasper, of course, but he will let Em know probably that he digs dudes and can/ will offer her advice and what not if she wants it about dealing with men in the bedroom department. If his eventual lover dude is ever taken, she can help with that or what not. but yea! WHOOOOO. SHIPPER LOVE
EMMELYNE ARRYN
 direct link • Dec 28 2016, 06:55 pm
Queen of the Vale
the sister of sisterton
The Seven Kingdoms
THE VALE
24 years

Em & Mya:
Yes! Yes to everything! Em could do with having some less than ladylike people around because like hey she could do with relaxing a bit man. It would be great if Mya became her lady in waiting because like Mya could be someone that she doesn't have to be such a lady around. And she absolutely needs friends around and doesn't care too much about her being a bastard. Like she'll care about the adultery stuff and asks that hey please don't and especially do not get pregnant by him. But yeah, I think these two could def be buds and since Em is used to having so many brothers, she'll be good with a gal pal who isn't super ladylike and shit. And she needs a bud to hang with.

Em & Kayl:
Fav siblings for life and also basically BFFs and he will be the one that Em can finally break down to over the death of their brothers and being betrothed to the man responsible for the massacre and all that good stuff. SO yesssss siblings.

Em & Waymar:
Basically Em can only be buds with people who have slept with Jasper apparently :| But yes to BFFs when her brothers aren't around and getting close to him esp with the march to KL. And yes to possibly asking him for advice in the bedroom department because she's gonna need to get it from somewhere and that is not something you ask your brother.
ASHARA DAYNE
 direct link • Jan 27 2017, 03:06 pm
The Dark Queen
n/a
Sworn to the Seven Kingdoms
DEAD
35 years
Laurysa • she/her • 325 posts

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I wanted to post here because I haven't yet. I really think I can only throw past Ashara and Caspian at you, but here goes.

Caspian & Em
We've pretty much already talked about this, but their only interactions would have been at the baby celebration (aka pre massacre) and Ashara's nameday celebration a few weeks beforehand. But since we already established that they hadn't met until the baby celebration, that's all I got. XD Caspian may appear in the future though. He has a burning hatred for Jasper and all things that happened in the Vale, and I sort of have the idea that one of the last images he sees before grabbing Daeron and co and slipping through a secret kitchen entrance was Em and mother holding their dead family members.

This is going to be vague because I have no idea when or if they will meet again, but the fact that she is engaged to Jasper would upset Caspian but only because he sees Jasper as a monster, and anyone who is engaged to him must be forced to or something. So it would be less of a "IM GOING TO MURDER YOU NOW FOR BEING HIS WIFE" and more of a "OH GOD I HAVE TO HELP THIS PERSON ESCAPE". But vague stuff for now. XD

Ashara and Em
As with Caspian, the two main things I can think of would be the Ashara nameday celebration and the baby birth celebration for interactions. But Ashara has certainly traveled to other parts of the Vale over her nearly 20 years in the Vale, and I'm sure Em has come to the Eyrie more than the one time her family was murdered, so maybe something there?
ANNARA GRAFTON
 direct link • Mar 12 2017, 10:25 am
years
• • 0 posts

Annara and Emmelyne OKAY WE TALKED ABOUT THEM BEFORE BUT HI. I would love to do something past with them maybe or maybe like idk idk Anna would be too afraid to write letters and even if she did she wouldn't know yet that Jasper was betrothed I don't think and just ???? IDK BUT I'M BRINGING TO CONVO BACK UP
EMMELYNE ARRYN
 direct link • Mar 12 2017, 06:57 pm
Queen of the Vale
the sister of sisterton
The Seven Kingdoms
THE VALE
24 years

Laur I feel like I responded to this plotting at some point to you but I will write it here because I have no memory capability. Yes to all the Caspian stuff and we have our past stuff with them going so its all good and yeah if they run into each other again she will understand any anger esp knowing Caspian and Kayl are now bros.

Em & Ashara:
I would bet these two met before the whole massacre stuff. Em would have very much respected Ashara because strong women ftw. She would have respected and been faithful to her Queen until the whole ordeal took place, but yes it is possible for them to have met in the past.

Em & Annara:
SO yes in the past I think these two could have known each other because of Kayl and all that. I bet when she does get news of Em's betrothal it might not be the best news but yeah, she will be helping to raise the Dayne baby who is in the Eyrie. But yes also idk I am down for past things or figuring out future things or whatever.
ROWENA TEMPLETON
 direct link • Jul 07 2017, 12:44 pm
lady regnant of ninestars
lady sweetstar
SWORN TO HOUSE ARRYN
THE VALE
37 years
lauren • she/her • 25 posts

Wahhh, so the more I read about the Sunderlands the more I think that the families would have been friendly in the past. They both supported Daynes and idk, big raucous families with lotsa kids etc, and potential trade deals and what not. Rowena understands why the Sunderlands switched allegiances (she did too outwardly) and doesn't hold it against them. You gotta close ranks when an unapologetic asshole kills two of your family members in cold blood. That said, she does want to move against the Arryns eventually, and will probably be trying really hard to figure out if the Sunderlands are quite as onboard as they pretend to be. Rowena will view the marriage between Emm and Jasper like a pretty tragic and disgusting move on Jasper's part, and will feel really bad for Emm. I don't think she'll be forthcoming with that- maybe some subtle 'hey if you need a powerful lady friend i'm here for you' kind of thing. I'm sure Rowena has/will dutifully show up to major events at the Eyrie given she's playing the part of loyal bannerman. Anyway, potential for interesting pseudo-political communication and maneuvering with these two?? Idk, what do you think?
EMMELYNE ARRYN
 direct link • Jul 07 2017, 05:59 pm
Queen of the Vale
the sister of sisterton
The Seven Kingdoms
THE VALE
24 years

Em&Rowena:

YAS! So Em is really really trying to unite the Vale and stop the bloodshed and she truly does think her marriage might be able to accomplish that goal. She'd very much about duty and she sees this entire path as her duty to her family and her people. Obviously she is very sympathetic to those who lost their fam at the massacre also because she knows how it feels and honestly she thinks there's been much too much death at current. So yeah I definitely think there is plenty of room for some politicking and maneuvering between the two of them because they are both pretty smart ladies and Em is torn between the atrocities her husband has committed and wanting the Vale to stop its fighting. So yeah plenty of stuff to happen between these two!
ROWENA TEMPLETON
 direct link • Jul 07 2017, 06:25 pm
lady regnant of ninestars
lady sweetstar
SWORN TO HOUSE ARRYN
THE VALE
37 years
lauren • she/her • 25 posts

God she's so sweet. I think it would be really interesting if Em sort of knew that Rowena wasn't even half as loyal as she professes to be, and didn't necessarily agree with her, but kept it from Jasper/others? The interpersonal subtext!! The fear of being revealed!! The guilt of concealing things from new husbands!! And Rowena 1000% knows the dutiful daughter thing. For her it was a scary and dark place, and she sometimes struggles, I think, to separate the way her father and brother pushed that to a nasty violent extreme and the way most families expect their daughters to live up to the family. And idk if Em is pious at all, but Rowena genuinely does believe that Jasper committed an atrocity by breaking guest right and killing innocents (however unintentionally), and thinks it would also be negligent on a level of loyalty and of piety to allow him to go unpunished for that. So there's that angle to play with if it interests you at all. I know there's a lot Em needs to do for the wedding, but Rowena will be there and if there's any sort of thread you're interested in in particular lmk!!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAG BOX

tag box rules
♦ Register/post with your OOC alias
♦ Mature, RF and Letter tags can be found in the "Smilies" Link
♦ Just paste your link, no need need for [url=]or []
♦ Any site-related post may be tagged here
♦ Character names for OCs can be colored by using [class=grouplowercase*][/class*] tags! Further assistance with classes and hashtags HERE, and for the generator HERE!

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine